I had seen this trailer on HBO channel but could not recollect, just knew it was long back. Eagerly waiting to know what it was about because it is related to war and interestingly it’s a journey of a company through Europe. (the travelling part catches my attention)
As they put it on HBO Now’s site as :
I searched online, asked for info, video clips, the victory trip was amazing. It’s one of the famous War Mini Series. More than its winning troop I think it got famous because it is close to human emotions and its control during wars. Technology and weapons matters most but human emotions and drama can lead to survival and ultimately win.
Based on book by Stephen Ambrose with same name (he gets all details from reunion of Easy Company. He is writer and writer meets reality so this book became bestseller)
developed by Tom Hanks and Erik Jendresen and finally reviewed by Steven Spielberg (this is enough for anyone to catch eyes) and realistic touch intensified by other veterans personal details. (and when bestseller meets media genius it became Epic series)
It is divided into ten parts and each part is almost an hour long. each part is based on the theme which is centered around one character, either narrates the story or the story focuses on that character’s journey.
- first episode (Currahee) is based in place training camps of USA’s ‘Toccoa‘ to England’s Aldbourne‘ and ‘Portsmouth‘. it based on training days of easy company formation. it shows team bonding in squad. mainly focus on developing character. after training they ventured for war unknown to whats going to happen.
- second episode (Day of Days)is all about D day in Normandy. surprise enemy attack and chaos everywhere. struggling to know what exactly happened and afraid of future. they tried to group together.
- Battle of Carentan is what third episode is. initial shock and later finding faith. loosing many men and rumors of prisoners of war (POW).
- Replacements is all about freshers entry into troop and theirs interaction. earlier hard for original group but later after mixed well. it take place in Eindhoven and Nuenen.
- in Crossroad leader recollects his memories about ‘Operation Pegasus’ took place in on the Lower Rhine close to Arnhem (Netherlands).
- Bastogne battle is may favorite one, based on harsh environment of Bastogne. it shows how cruel can be situation. it can break you or make you. making ultimately form great team.
- in breaking point battler near Foy (Belgium). it depicts how bad leadership leads to failure and loss for group.
- The Last Patrol is Haguenau (France). it shows effects of bastogne and how soldier feel when he thought other taking rest or making excuses.
- Why We Fight surprises as showing dark face of war. concentration camp in Landsberg Germany. the feeling you get hate more for war and reason leads to war but makes happy since war is the one who try to balance things or giving peace.
- Points shows capturing of Eagle’s Nest in Berchtesgaden, then goes to Austria where war ending announced. Easy Company stays behind until the end of the Pacific War is declared. The veterans who inspire at starting of each episode are revealed in last episode. yes, they are civilians and soldier by Karma. the real heroes.
it will be treat to watch series. it touches your heart and feel honored to have soldiers at border or any part of world (doesn’t matter which country you belong).
I would like have our war series from INDIA for world. showing our real superheroes journey to liberate Bangladesh during war of 1971. they are unsung heroes and their songs should be sung.